Thursday 4 February 2010

New Soap Logs

Thought would just pop a few shots of my latest batches that I have done up for the upcoming Design Centre Market that's in conjunction with Launceston's Festivale celebrations. Check out what else is happening over the 3 days here.
This first one is my old favourite Vanilla, Pomegranate & Black Currant. I added a spash of pink clay at the end and was really thrilled to see it come out in some really great patterns. You never know what you'll end up with with each pour.
Then I had a play with layering a soap log - this one's my After Dinner Mint but in log form instead of the round bar. This took 3 separate pours and I've used non-bleeding oxides so the colours won't run into each other. I was really pleased with how well it came out, I just hope the layers stay stuck together!!!
The market is on in City Park, along with the rest of Festivale, from 11am till 4 pm Saturday 13th Feb. Spread the word!
I'm looking forward to it, but think with the numbers that come out for Festivale, it could be a big day - best get to making more stuff to sell!

3 comments:

Erin Napier said...

These look great Annie! I love the Choc Mint and the layers. Good luck with the market. xx

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

I wish I lived anywhere near, this looks so delicious!

Fruehlingbitte-Naturseifen said...

Lovely soap! You are more than welcome to visit my blog,
all the best from Germany,
Silke